This summer, ESPN’s 5 on 5 panels have been answering questions on every team in the NBA. Last Friday, the Cavs were up.
The link is:
John and Colin were unable to participate, so Cavs:theblog was unrepresented. Here are my answers, in 30 words or less.
1. Baron Davis and Kyrie Irving as the starting backcourt. Both will have some PG responsibilities.
2. Casspi at SF. Jamison at PF and Thompson gets 20 – 25 minutes everynight somewhere in the frontcourt . Varejao starts at center.
3. The pick is very protected and could become 2nd round, so I’m on the fence. Bright side is the Cavs now have at least one young, legitimate NBA caliber wing.
4. Right Track. Irving, Thompson, 14 draft picks in 4 years. Only $9 million committed in 2013 – 2014. The team has alot of flexibility available.
5. Lebron who? If we’re talking about the NBA, we can talk about Lebron. If we’re talking about the Cavs, Lebron is part of history.