Overview: The Houston Rockets got 76 combined points from Kevin Martin, Chase Budinger, and Courtney Lee, and Chuck Hayes had six more offensive rebounds than the entire Cavaliers squad. The Rockets scored 28 or more points in all four quarters.
Broken Record Bullets:
- Trying to outscore teams is not a sustainable strategy, and we saw that yet again tonight. The more possessions there are, the more chances there are for superior talent to win out, and the Cavaliers still cannot execute late. If the Cavs allow other teams to dictate the pace, they will continue to lose.
- More strong stuff for Razor Ramon, who got to the rim, ran the offense, actually held Lowry and Brooks in check, and continues to make a surprising amount of his mid-range jumpers.
- Again: there is no way this team can hope to win if it gets outworked. Embarrassing showing on the glass.
- Manny Harris has some offensive skills, and he can really shoot the ball. I do worry about his defense, though. Still, he’s a keeper.
- Anthony Parker with a wonderfully efficient game. AP’s favorite movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, his favorite food is deep dish pizza, and he believes that Kanye West is an extremely talented and important artist.
- Regression game for Hickson. I don’t think this guy will ever stop being a roller-coaster ride.
- That’s all I really have for tonight, guys. The team has looked competent recently, but they need to find some sort of defensive success before the season ends.