Overview: The Cavs were outscored 34-25 in the second quarter of a 99-108 loss to the Indiana Pacers. The losing streak is now at 10. Danny Granger led all scorers with 30 points on 12-22 shooting from the field.
The Cavs have not won a game since November 27th bullets:
– Danny Granger goes off again, predictably. The Cavs haven’t been able to guard good wing players, guard the three-point line, or play transition defense all season. Granger is dangerous off the dribble, a dead-eye three point shooter, and runs straight to the arc in transition. That’s a bad combination, and that allowed Granger to break out of his slump against the Cavs.
– So, Boobie followed his best game of the year with his worst one. That’s what happens when I give him a shirt in a losing effort. I blame myself.
– Better effort overall, especially defensively, but the losing streak continues.
– Jawad was a -14 in 13 minutes. Impressive failure.
– Sessions and Hickson continue to be terrible, and that’s the connundrum. The only way to actually win games is to have them get it together, but they’re the biggest reasons the team is getting killed.
– Gotta give Mo some props for having a great night both shooting and passing the ball — hopefully the team will step up when Boobie and Mo have games like the Heat and Pacers game.
– That’s all for me tonight. Please let this streak end.