– I mean, it’s the preseason, but that’s probably not good.
– Trajan Langdon scores 14 points on 6-9 shooting, does not attempt a three, only makes one layup. The mid-range game is not dead in Russia.
– A quick refresher on Jamont Gordon, who put up 19/7/6 against the Cavs (no Cavalier had that many assists or rebounds on Saturday):
-A product of the legendary high school/basketball factory Oak Hill Academy (Carmelo Anthony, Jerry Stackhouse, Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, Tywon Lawson are also alumni), Gordon declared for the draft after three years at Mississippi State, only to go undrafted. He pulled out of the draft after his sophomore year, when he was projected to be an early second-round pick.
– The Cavs had 16 more free throw attempts than CSKA, but still managed to lose.
– Hickson and Moon: 1-9 combined from the floor. That indicates a serious lack of ball movement.
– Hollins with one of his best exhibition games yet, with 17 points and 5 boards on 5-8 shooting and a perfect 7-7 from the line. He’s got to be the most pleasant surprise of summer league. I never really thought of him as an NBA rotation player before.
– Boobie: 4-7 from beyond the arc, 3-10 inside of it.
– Everyone else was pretty bad tonight. Until later, campers.