There’s a bunch of stories floating around the web today that have some ties to the Cavaliers.
- “Livingston always knew he would return in some capacity. So did his grandfather. “People ask me that question and I say I expected it,” Frank Livingston said. “I expected him to do well. I don’t expect us to fail. I expect us to do well.” Profile of Shaun Livingston. [Jonathan Abrams - Grantland]
- “We’ve got to continue to grow and these guys have got to continue to learn how to play with each other,” Scott said. “But right now, they are vibing. So we want them to keep vibing.” [Jodie Valade - The Plain Dealer]
- “Then you start to think about it and realize that this is more serious than I thought. A week after the surgery I was at home thinking about how I could be gone right now.” Anderson Varejao’s Blood Clot Scare [Marc J Spears - Yahoo! Sports]
- “Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas — the generation of stars that made the NBA a force — all wanted to lead all-time great teams. LeBron wanted that in Cleveland and won 66 regular-season games in 2009. Unfortunately, he bought the hype and surrendered to the NCAA/NBA Combine culture that subtly preaches team greatness is irrelevant, individual greatness is all that matters. Only the ring matters.” [Jason Whitlock - FoxSports]
- “I’m just proud of him. He didn’t start listening to what everybody was saying. He stuck to doing the things we felt he needed to do. Now he’s starting to see the progress he’s making.” -Byron Scott on Tristan Thompson [Bob Finnan - The Morning Journal]